Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL
Raman spectroscopy for Analysis of Suspect Materials as bulk compounds and trace amounts.
Now, a Progeny™ ResQ™ with the combination of Raman spectroscopy and colorimetrics has arrived: The Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL.
Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL 1064nm handheld Raman analyzer, provides emergency responders, law enforcement agencies and the military with the industry’s most advanced yet easy-to-use CBRNE detection system.
Rapid, Actionable Results with Lab-quality
For first responders and law enforcement agencies who are facing an increase in sophisticated threats and drug trafficking, Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL provides the industry's most comprehensive chemical detection range in a handheld form. Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL provides emergency responders with the means to proactively respond to incidents at the point of action for faster detection, helping to ensure the safety and protection of both the public and response teams.
By integrating Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL into routine response tactics, users can expect the ability to:
- Collect analysis in any environment with a rugged, MIL-SPEC 810 G and IP-68 tested tool
- Easily navigate using large buttons and a bright screen display for use in the field while wearing M3-type protective suits due to harsh environmental conditions
- Increase confidence in identification or easily adapt for emerging threats, the standard library contains more than 12.500 substances included a wide range of narcotics and illegal drugs with their synonyms, appearance and product name.
- Measure more substances, including colored materials or through transparent containers
In comparison with the Progeny™ ResQ™ the Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL provides the user with the same features. It also includes the Start-up time from power-on to analysis is just 40 seconds and present analysis results in less than a minute. They are clearly communicated as Threat/No Threat and it is possible to deposit a signal color (red, yellow, green) and up to three symbols for hazard information.
The QUICKDETECT™ Software allows users to be prepared to face current threats and are a step ahead of emerging threats with following features:
- Rapid on-board identification of mixtures
- Document evidence with on-board camera (5 megapixel)
- Transfer data seamlessly and securely
- Customizable and portable library
Determining intent with 4C™ Technology
Individual substances identified at-scene often only provide evidence as to what has occurred but fail to indicate specific criminal intent without further investigative efforts. New 4C™ technology in Progeny™ ResQ™ handheld Raman provides incident threat level warning for multiple hazards detected in combination for a user-defined period of time. Users can now expand response by:
- Monitoring scans for combined threat
- Receiving on-screen threat alert when indicated
- Obtaining specific threat name
Digital camera & barcode reader
In all modes the 1064 nm advantage and an integrated camera for taking pictures and barcode reading ensure a rapid and reliable analysis.
Bulk & Trace Level detection
The ProgenyTM ResQTM CQL 1064 nm analyzer is the first field-ready handheld Raman tool to provide both bulk and trace analysis of Narcotics, Explosives, Precursors and chemical warfare agents in seconds. By combining the industry´s most advanced 1064 nm handheld Raman for the identification of bulk substances with the capabilities of QuickDetectTM to provide automated colorimetrics for the detection of non-visible trace amounts, ProgenyTM ResQTM CQL meets SWGDRUG confirmation (category A & category C) standards in one unit.
Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL handheld Raman is purposefully designed to meet the needs of those who encounter stressful, unpredictable and harsh environments. Features include a smart-phone inspired user interface, with analysis initiation via the touchscreen display or large military specified large button navigation. The sleek design delivers truly one-handed operation. Easily decontaminated, MIL-SPEC 810G & IP-68 certified rugged.
18.5 cm x 15 cm x 7.9 cm
200- 2500 cm-1
TE cooled InGaAs
Progeny ResQ: 12500+ compounds including CWA, Explosives, TIC/TIM, Narcotics
MIL-STD 810 G & IP-68
Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL handheld Raman is no ordinary chemical analyzer. It is custom-made for:
- Customs officers
- Baggage screening
- Firefighters, Police officers
- Emergency medical technicians and paramedics
- Decontamination crews (in the field and at hospitals or clinics)
- Emergency management officials, military troops
- Health regulatory personnel
- Response contractors, Consultants and Specialists
Why Progeny™ ResQ™ CQL?
- Clear, reliable results in seconds
- Progeny is easy to use (easy-to-use-workflow: Results ► Interpretation ► reaction )
- Point and shoot (scan through glass & plastic)
- No specialist needed
- No consumables
- Rugged: MIL-SPEC 810G, IP-68
- Widest range of substances (narcotics, toxic chemicals, chemical weapons, explosives)
- Identify colored samples
- No fluorescence interferences due to the 1064 nm excitation laser
A molecular vibrational technique
Raman spectroscopy can be used to effectively and efficiently identify and distinguish between different materials in liquid and solid forms, including organic materials and inorganic materials (excludes are metals). The identification can be accomplished in as little as 20 seconds from collection of data to analysis report. Packaging materials such as polymer bags, glass bottles, flasks and vials do not interfere with the measurement, allowing the user to screen materials by non-contact, non-destructive analysis, without needing to open containers.
So, Raman spectroscopy is an efficient and cost-effective technique for raw material identification, product authentication and is now recognized by the U.S. Pharmacopoeia and the European Pharmacopeia for raw material identification. The devices are also used for rapid detection of threats, protecting public and response team safety.
The specificity of Raman, which allows rapid creation of new materials databases and methods, and its relative ease of use have made handheld Raman spectrometers a popular technique when chemical identification and material inspection is required. Portable and handheld Raman devices are now used for a broad range of applications including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical analysis, safety and security and food.
The benefit of Rigaku`s handheld devices with 1064 nm
Traditionally, handheld Raman spectrometers have utilized laser excitation wavelengths in 532 or 785 nm. However, these systems have known limitations that can prevent positive identification for a number of types of substances due to a naturally occurring phenomenon called sample-induced fluorescence.
Raman spectroscopy is performed by first exciting a sample with a laser. A small portion of this light undergoes “inelastic scatter” (also referred to as the Raman scatter or the Raman effect). The return signal is received and read by a detector, resulting in what is referred to as a Raman spectrum. The Raman spectrum contains a series of peaks that relate to features in the sample’s molecular structure. Each compound’s Raman spectrum is unique, and serves as a “chemical fingerprint” that can be used to identify an unknown compound, or a mixture of compounds.
However, this “chemical fingerprint” can be obstructed by fluorescence interference.
Progeny and Progeny ResQ 1064nm handheld Raman analyzers successfully reduce sample induced fluorescence interference issues for rapid and accurate results, as shown in the schematic below.
The Laser safety of the Progeny™ Family
Generally a laser must not to point at anyone´s eyes and not to point at reflective surfaces (shiny metal, mirror). The Progeny contains a Class 3 B laser with an excitation wavelength of 1064 nm. Therefore, the laser can damage eyes and skin and is invisible for the human eye, because it is in the infrared range.
- The NOHD (Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance ) for the Progeny is 14.2 cm. From this point, the laser is defocused and the intensity of the laser decreases with increasing distance.
- Operation requires multiple steps to ensure laser isn’t turned on accidentally. Before starting a measurement, every time it has to confirm “Arm Laser” and “Scan”.
- A red LED turns on, when the laser is activated
For further informations use our contact form in the section "contact" or check out the responsible person under "Team". You also are able to request a quote by clicking the button.