Rocket™ Evaporator System
Concentration and evaporation is an important step in achieving accurate analytical results with sample extracts. It is also labor intensive. The Rocket™ Evaporator automates this process, allowing the analyst to spend more time on other projects. The Rocket™ Evaporator can be used either to dry samples completely, or to concentrate them to a small volume. It is equipped with the advanced performance features that Dionex users expect, such as effective bumping and cross-contamination protection, precise temperature regulation, and easy-to-use controls. A two-stage cold trap is built into the Rocket Evaporator, providing high levels of solvent recovery, even with volatile organic solvents.
Use the Thermo Scientific™ Rocket Evaporator for unattended concentration or drying of multiple large-volume samples in one run. Up to 6 large-volume 450mL flasks or 18 Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ASE™ vials can be simultaneously processed. The system significantly improves productivity with excellent reproducibility and recovery rates. Minimize cross-contamination and sample loss by directly concentrating your samples into an autosampler vial. If you are performing GC sample preparation on the Thermo Scientific™ Reacti-Therm™ heating and stirring unit, we also offer the Thermo Scientific™ Reacti-Vap™ Evaporator manifold.
Rapid and efficient solvent evaporation:
- Low temperature, low pressure steam heating technology facilitates fast evaporation and precise temperature control
- Five times faster than conventional sample evaporators
- Dri-Pure™ technology prevents solvent bumping and cross contamination.
- Genevac AutoStop feature for automated end point detection
Easy to operate:
- Easy to use controls and software
- Walk-away automation
- Flip-flop system automates sample transfer from ASE vials
- SampleGenie™ enables samples to be concentrated or dried directly into storage or autosampler vials
Enhanced laboratory productivity:
- Unattended evaporation/concentration of up to 18 ASE tubes or 6 large-volume 450 mL flasks
- Eco-friendly green technology
- Two-stage cold trap allows high solvent recovery
- Use in conjunction with the Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ASE™ 150 or 350 Accelerated Solvent Extractor to optimize sample preparation workflow and to maximize laboratory productivity
- Analyze prepared samples with Thermo Scientific LC or GC systems for a fully integrated workflow
Maximum Sample load:
6 × 450 mL
Automatic, 3 mbar to atmosphere
System ultimate vacuum:
Temperature and Control
Ambient +5 °C to 60 °C
0 °C to 60 °C
End of method:
Time or automatic
Built-in strobe (optional)
Boiling point range:
40 °C to 160 °C at ambient
Alcohols, DCM/methylene chloride, DMF, ethyl acetate, water, TFA
Only with Inert Gas Purge option
Width × Depth × Height:
720 × 640 × 530 mm
755 mm (lid open)
UK & Europe:
230 V (±10%), 50 Hz, 13 A
120 V (±10%), 60 Hz, 15 A
100 V (±10%), 50 Hz or 60 Hz, 15 A
For data upload/download
50 KΩ-cm to 1 MΩ-cm, approximately 100 mL per day
- Conforms to UL 61010-A-1:2002 & BS EN 61010-1:2001 for laboratory equipment.
- CE certified.
Cold Trap Cooling Requirement
–20 °C to +10 °C dependent upon application
700 W at 10 °C (max)
1 to 2 L/min
1 (min) to 7 bar (max) static
- 8mm nylon hardwall tube (chiller)
- ¼ in. (6.5 mm ) hose barb for
- cold water connection (standard)
- Connection hoses not supplied
Provided for Dionex supplied chiller
A powerful, compact recirculating chiller is available with the Rocket evaporation system, which is specified to complement the evaporator. The evaporation system can be connected to the chiller by RS232 link, enabling the evaporator to control the chiller, which can provide improved solvent recovery and better drying of samples than by using a static cooled supply. A connection kit with insulated pipe work is available for this chiller.
Width × Depth × Height:
320 × 500 × 600 mm
500 W at 10 °C
All seals are user replaceable. Easy access is provided to the pump, which can be maintained by trained users.
- Rocket Evaporator with Inert Gas Purge (120V or 240 V) (cat. No. 082585 or 082589)
- Rocket Inert Gas Purge Bundle (120 V or 240 V) (cat. No. 088394 or 088395)
- Rocket Evaporator (120V or 240 V) (cat. No. 075904 or 082766)
- Rocket Evaporator Bundle Without Inert Gas Purge (120V) (cat. No. 076361)
- Rocket Evaporator Without Inert Gas Purge (230V) (cat. No 076363)
If you are interested in getting further information about additional equipment or consumables please do not hesitate to contact us. Please use our contact formular in the section “contact” or check out the responsible person under “Team”.
For further informations use our contact form in the section “contact” or check out the responsible person under “Team”. You also are able to request a quote by clicking the button.